Brand new nursery in Maidenhead
|Type of Position||Deputy Nursery Manager|
|Temp / Perm||Permanent|
|Salary||£ 0 - £0|
Deputy Nursery Manager - Maidenhead
Duration: Full-time - 45 hours per week
KiddyKare are excited to be looking for a Deputy Nursery Manager, for a brand-new nursery opening soon in Maidenhead. The role will require an ‘all hands-on deck’ attitude. You will join a dedicated start-up team consisting of four other staff members. This is a wonderful role with plenty of responsibility and rewards.
Benefits | Deputy Nursery Manager
• Competitive salary dependent on experience and merit.
• Onsite parking available
• Childcare discount
• Great career progression opportunities
About the Nursery | Deputy Nursery Manager
• Brand new nursery due to open soon
• Open 7.30am – 6.30pm, Monday – Friday all year round
• Beautiful setting
• On-site parking available and easily accessible by road, with excellent transport links
• Well organised and professional team
The Job Role | Deputy Nursery Manager
• To manage the smooth daily running of the nursery on an outstanding and profitable basis; ensuring best practice, at all times.
• To assist the manager in leading and managing practice.
• To help to oversee team management
• To ensure effective planning, observations and record keeping
• To build and promote positive relationships with parents, children and colleagues.
• To meet the requirements of regulatory bodies with relation to EYFS, safeguarding, SEND, Health and Safety and to ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to.
Personal Specification | Deputy Nursery Manager
• 3+ years supervisory experience within a nursery setting
• Experience of leading and supporting staff teams to improve practice.
• A Childcare and Education qualification equivalent to NVQ level 3
• An understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace.
• A willingness to undertake further training including some evenings and weekends
• A sound knowledge of childcare development from birth to five years.
• A sound understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
• An understanding of a play-based approach to children’s learning and development.
• Understanding of the role of the “Key Person”.
• A sound knowledge of safeguarding procedures.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Ability to develop effective relationships with all key stakeholders.
• Ability to lead a team.
Desirables | Deputy Nursery Manager
• A higher-level qualification in Early Years Childcare and Education/Childhood Studies.
• A management qualification.
• A current First Aid qualification.
• An understanding of the inspection process of regulatory bodies.
• A knowledge and understanding of research related to childcare and education.
• An ability to plan and organise work load.
Interviews: to be held ASAP
At KiddyKare specialise in nursery recruitment. Our consultants understand from first-hand experience the demands and challenges of working in and alongside the childcare industry. Standing out from the rest, all our KiddyKare consultants are childcare qualified and have been in your shoes as practitioners and managers of nurseries. We are a well-respected and reputable Nursery Recruitment Agency who have a proactive, professional and friendly approach.